Vehicle Maintenance & Auto Repair: Corner Shops vs the Dealership | The Whole Story
WHY SERVICE AT VISTA VW?
You and your vehicle have been through a lot together. Proper maintenance and service is essential in ensuring your vehicle has a long life. It's a common misconception that taking your vehicle back to the dealership for maintenance and auto repairs will cost you more. It's time to debunk that myth. See our top 5 Reasons why you should be considering Vista Volkswagen for your service needs. We offer:
Want To Know More? Keep Reading...
If you're in Pompano Beach, Coconut Creek or elsewhere in the Fort Lauderdale area, you've likely had to decide between a dealer like Vista Volkswagen that runs its own service center or a chain like Jiffy Lube, Valvoline, or Flash Lube, to name a few. Perhaps you've even contemplated going to a local mechanics shop. Choosing the right place to service and maintain your vehicle is an important decision. You should be as informed as possible. A close look at the benefits of different types of auto repair centers shows that a dealer service center like Vista Volkswagen is the best choice for several different reasons.
Not only are dealer service centers the best choice for maintenance and auto repair, Vista Volkswagen specifically is the top choice for drivers in the Fort Lauderdale area. Vista Volkswagen employs factory-trained technicians. These technicians have been instructed in the most effective and efficient service and auto repair methods for your Volkswagen.
Here at Vista Volkswagen, we use only factory-made parts. Generally, you won't receive factory OEM parts in your trips to corner automotive maintenance stores or local mechanics shops. This is typically due to the fact that these types of maintenance and auto repair shops are not OEM dealers and aren't able to make as much profit on these parts, regardless if they are the best parts for your vehicle.
Dealerships make it a priority to use OEM parts. Regardless if you have a Volkswagen or not, we source OEM parts from the manufacturer of your vehicle to ensure the most reliable auto repairs and maintenance possible.
Many local shops don't offer warranties on repairs or service either. Those that do often structure these warranties to reduce their coverage. This is even true of large chains like Jiffy Lube.
Vista Volkswagen Service Is Comprehensive
The list of services offered by Vista Volkswagen is thorough and comprehensive. Our service center can take on any repair or maintenance job you might have. Many quick service shops in the Fort Lauderdale area only do a few routine maintenance tasks. The list of services offered here include:
- Lube, Oil & Filter Change: Our techs use only factory-approved lubricants, oil and filter. You never know what you're getting with other shops.
- Front End Alignment: This will ensure that your wheels are in alignment for a more comfortable ride.
- Replacing Wipers: This job can be surprisingly tricky, but our techs will get it done the right way.
- Brakes: We can adjust or (if necessary) replace brake components with genuine factory parts.
- Muffler & Exhaust Repair: We can take on any muffler and exhaust jobs, from fixing leaks to a full replacement.
- AC Coolant Flush: Many quick service shops will do this job, but they often use cheap coolant and don't clean the coolant system properly.
- Regularly Scheduled Inspections: We'll inspect your vehicle in accordance with factory schedules and procedures. Quick service shops don't acknowledge these schedules and procedures.
- Flush Transmission: As with the coolant, we use quality fluids and clean the transmission properly.
- Electrical Service: Modern vehicles have complex wiring and electrical systems, and our techs are factory-trained to work on Volkswagen electrical systems.
- Tire Balancing: Balancing your tires can provide a smoother and more efficient ride.
- Tire Rotation: Rotating your tires will ensure that they wear evenly. Our techs are experienced in working on the tires equipped on Volkswagens.
- Any other maintenance or repair needs you might have.
It is very important that you take your Volkswagen to the service center at an authorized Volkswagen dealer. If you're in the Fort Lauderdale area, Vista Volkswagen is the answer. Our techs here have been trained by Volkswagen themselves to work on their vehicles as effectively as possible. This means they know exactly how to service complex parts and they know the right procedures for completing complicated jobs properly. Technicians at other shops will likely have to resort to looking at a service manual.
Only authorized Volkswagen dealers have parts made from the factory. Any other shop has parts that are copies of these genuine parts. These parts may work for you, but you won't have the peace of mind of knowing that they are the real thing. Your Volkswagen takes good care of you and deserves the best treatment you can give it.
Many independent repair shops will not offer warranties at all on their work. Those that do often make these warranties verbally. This means that they cannot be enforced. In the unfortunate but common event that a repair from an independent shop doesn't hold, they can likely get out of an offered warranty.
Shops like Jiffy Lube, Valvoline, and Kwik Lube will offer warranties in writing on most of their work. However, these warranties are often full of loopholes. If you spend a minute searching the internet, you'll find many stories about these quick service shops not honoring their warranties.
At Vista Volkswagen, we're proud to stand by our work. We offer full warranties on all of our jobs. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong, you can bring your Volkswagen in immediately. We'll do everything we can to restore it to full health and get you back on the road.
Why Go Anywhere Else?
If you've gotten this far in the article, you know that Vista Volkswagen is the right choice for Fort Lauderdale area Volkswagen drivers. If you are in need of auto repair or maintenance, you can simply make an appointment through our website. You can also call us during business hours and speak to one of our service staff professionals. If it's more convenient for you, just come in and we'll be happy to show you why we deserve to work on your Volkswagen.